Monday 27 June 2016

The Stock Photo Model Whose Face is Everywhere

Rebecca Ariane Givens. You may not have heard her name before, but there’s a very good chance you’ve seen her face. She’s one of the most popular models for stock photography, and her pictures have been used all across the world for all kinds of purposes.

To see how ubiquitous Givens’ face has become, check out the 1-minute video above by Maayan Migdal. He gathered together hundreds of advertisements starring “Ariane,” as she’s known, aligning the faces to create a mesmerizing flow of photos.

Even though her face is recognized around the world, Givens is a relatively private person who gives few interviews. The part-time model and part-time blogger and health coach did give an interview with Top Model Advice last year.

givensfeat

Givens says she wasn’t happy with the Internet dubbing her “The Overexposed Model” when her stock photos went viral a few years back. Some of her stock modeling contracts also required her to remain quiet about herself for years.

“I never thought I’d become a model,” Givens tells TMA. “I met a photographer who was shooting stock, and he asked if he could shoot me, so I said yes. Once money started coming in, I realized that it’s a relatively easy way to supplement my income. We do a lot of shooting while I’m doing my normal routine – things I’d be doing anyway.”

Givens believes that her stock photos have become so popular because she has a nice and “racially-ambiguous look,” a quality that’s perfect for brands that want to appeal to a wide demographic.

As Givens continues to pose for stock photos and as her images continue to be widely used, you’ll likely see much more of her as you’re going about your daily life. And now you can pair a name with that famous face.

from PetaPixel http://ift.tt/294Z1Ne




from WordPress http://ift.tt/28W2DLE

No comments:

Post a Comment